Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Repainting Heirloom Clay Dolls!




Bring back the old clay dolls which belonged to your grand mother or mom to life. All you need is some paint, brushes and some time. I am sure you will have a super quality time doing this. I did this last year. I repainted mu maternal grand mothers doll and my MIL's. They are as good as new. I kept in the navaratri golu display. The dolls got everybody's attention. Try this if you have a few dolls with you. It's really worth. Every time you see them, you will enjoy the time you spent, hearing everybody's comments cherishing your family memoirs. 

My blog is one year old from my first post. My blog turns one! and hence this special post. Also, tomorrow is Lord Krishna's birthday and in a couple of weeks, we will be celebrating navaratri golu. So think about bringing your old dolls back to life.


This Andal clay doll is almost 80 years old. It is my grandma's.

After repainting, the doll has a new look with old charm.



This Krishna is almost 30 yrs. After repainting the doll looks like this:





3 comments:

  1. This is so good. I have been thinking of doing this for sometime now.. do u just apply the acrylic paint directly or is there some other process ? If you could elaborate.. it will be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meera! They were 70-90 years old. I didn't want it to get damaged. So I cleaned with wet tissue, dried it and painted. May be you can try applying primer too. You will use primer when you straight do the painting. These were once painted, so didn't try too. May be if you try, please let me know. Thanks again for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. what a lovely set of dolls your grandma has!
    Love
    Sita

    ReplyDelete